- Visa Section of the Embassy of Japan: open from 08:00 - 12:00 noon (Sunday to Thursday, except the Embassy designated holidays).
- It takes 5 working days for your visa application to be processed.
- Criteria of Visa Issuance
A Japanese visa will be issued to an applicant, when he/she meets all of the following requirements and if the issuance is considered to be appropriate.
(1) The applicant possesses a valid passport and is entitled to re-entry to a country of his/her nationality or a country of his/her residence.
(2) All submitted documents are authentic, completed and satisfactory.
(3) The activities to be engaged in Japan/the civil status or the position of the applicant/the period of stay meet the requirements for the status of residence and the period of stay stipulated in the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act. (Cabinet Order No.319 of 1951. hereinafter referred to as the “Immigration Control Act”)
(4) The applicant do not fall under any of the items of Article 5, Paragraph 1 of the Immigration Control Act.
Recently, there have been an increasing number of cases of people bringing false application documents to the Embassy to apply for visas to enter Japan.
Please make sure that you have prepared and verified your own application documents and bring authentic documents with you when applying for a visa to enter Japan.
Visa Types and Required Documents
■Visa Application Documents (download)
■Required documents below.
・ Temporary visit Visa (Short stay Visa)
・ Work and Long term-stays Visa
※Please submit provisional flight thicket other than basic required documents.
〇The applicant may be required to submit additional documents if needed.
〇Feel free to contact us for any further assistance.
TEL: +249-1-8347-1601 or 1602
Useful Links for Visa Application
- CONTACT EMBASSYFind general contact information and office hours of the Embassy of Japan in Sudan
- Methods for a Court of a Foreign State to Request Japan to Serve Judicial or Extrajudicial Documents and Take Evidence